Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // 1960's

It's my birthday!!! :) 

It's also one of my favorite blog days! Audrey & I's Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration! :)

Today, Audrey and I are talking about the 1960's. MAKE SURE TO HOP ON OVER TO AUDREY'S BLOG TO CHECK OUT HER RECOMMENDATIONS! :) 



Here we go:

On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!

I'm learning a lot from this challenge already: 

Books, Films, and Bonus will be things that I HAVE read or watched. "On Deck": will be things that I am hoping to get to soon!



The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (one of my all-time favorite books)
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote - I actually don't love this story (I know, I know...) BUT I do love Capote's writing.
The Astronaut Wives Club by Lily Koppel - Currently Reading





Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Secret Life of Bees



Call the Midwife (BBC) - This is my go-to Netflix show. It follows the midwives in London's East End. The show starts in the 1950s, and is still coming out on BBC. I think it is in the mid to late 1960's now. I have a little catching up to do.. but I think I've seen about 5 seasons. This show while very real and emotional... is very heartwarming for me. It's still good for my mental diet! Babies, nuns, people rising above it. A gem you guys, watch this. But be ready to sob.



The Astronaut Wives' Club (TV Show) - I've heard that the show is a lot better than the book, I'll keep you posted!
The Help (movie)
Moonrise Kingdom (movie)
An Education (movie)

What books, movies, or shows can you recommend that take place in the 1960's? 

Be sure to hope over to Audrey’s blog and check out her recommendations!

The 1970s saw political scandal, the rise of feminism, and environmentalism and anti-war protests. It was a weird time for the United States and the world. We’ll be sharing our favorite movies, books, and television shows that encapsulate the strange and groovy 70s.  

Enjoying this series? Check out the other posts:
1900s & 1910s
1920s
1930s
1940s
1950s


XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO