Monday, July 29, 2019

Yes You Can Wear Gingham // Lazy Girl Fashion

Hello There Friends! I hope that you are all having a fantastic start to your week! I'm going to keep up the "yes you can wear" posts, so let me know if you are into that... or not so much! :) This time around I'm talking about gingham.

This print has been especially popular lately, but I always felt like it was a little bit too preppy for my personal style. However, I think you just need to find the right piece for you!








This face = v. excited about adult summer reading at my library... LOL
Tips for Wearing Gingham:

1) Assess Your Style: Is your style preppy or traditional? If so, you can pull off quite a bit of gingham. If not, you may want to try a smaller piece or accessory.
2) Pick a Color That Works With Your Wardrobe: Picking baby pink gingham if you usually wear dark colors or neutrals might be a shock to the wardrobe. I chose navy and it mixes and matches so well with my usual darker colors and with the brighter colors I most often wear. If you are looking for more color in your wardrobe, go ahead and look for something bright.
3) Accessorize: One of my favorite ways to try out a trend is with an accessory. That way I'm not out a lot of money if I don't like it, and it is often small enough to work into your wardrobe regardless.

Here are a few gingham items that I really love*:
























































1) Headband - Modcloth, $9
2) Gingham Bell Sleeve Top - Draper James, $98
3) Gingham Swim Suit - Unique Vintage, top $23, bottom $26 - also in plus
4) Gingham Midi Dress - Modcloth, $64.99
5) Gingham Jumpsuit -  Unique Vintage, $44
6) Gingham Top - Old Navy, $24.97
7) Gingham Heeled Sandal - Draper James, $248


*These are all pretty neutral, but these sites also have a lot of gingham in fun colors. Old Navy has a lot of yellow, Unique Vintage has coral and red, and ModCloth has all kinds of colors!

What do you think? Do you like gingham?

Let me know if you are liking these posts or not in the comments! :) 

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO