Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Love & That Powdered Sugar Thing & KC's Rap // Obviously a Must-Read

Today marks KC and I's third wedding anniversary! Where has the time gone?!?!

First, I am going to get a little sappy....
Then, I am going to reveal the 'Powdered Sugar' thing.... 
Lastly, I will share KC's ridiculously silly rap song 'Anniversary Girl' that he wrote and performed for me last year.... - yeah, it really happened... haha :)

Sappy:


This guy is the best.

He may come off as serious and super smart (which he certainly is!), but he is also incredibly funny and light hearted. He's punny, he's nerdy, he's full of Gilmore references now, he certainly knows how to make me laugh when I need it the most. I hope that more people get to see this side of him in the future.

Not only is he funny, he is so selfless and considerate. He continually thinks of others above himself, he works hard to make our relationship his first priority, he treats my family like his own, he sacrifices as much as he can to make his relationships with everyone he knows better. This is so rare. Especially today, he's a great friend and an incredible listener. He always has a good plan and solution to a problem too.

He's handy. He built a crazy cool cat tree for Duchess, and then revamped it for further stability. He helped me build a mug rack for the wall in our apartment, and boy can he open a jar... ;) hehe. He takes care of car stuff, he knows some HTML, he's way better at playing games with Duchess....

Together we make a good pair, and we've had the best time over the past three years of marriage, and nearly eight years together. So many adventures had, and many more coming.

As much as I could continue this.... for years... I will not. But if you would like just a tad more you could read this.

Powdered Sugar:

If you read yesterday's post.... you may have tried to guess what my surprise gift was....


This is a tough one.... it took me a bit to get it too... here's the decode!

Did you guess it?!

That's right! We're headed back to NOLA this weekend to celebrate our anniversary!! -I'm floored and so excited! A big thank you to my love.... ! 


And another big thank you to my in-laws for our Christmas gift of plane tickets, and my grandparents-in-law for their time share points. :) This is such a sweet gift from all of you!

'Anniversary Girl' - to the tune of LFO's 'Summer Girls'

Short Preface: we think this song is hilarious in all of it's '90's brilliance, and the fact that the rap is really, really, really bad, and makes absolutely no sense. So this was HILARIOUS when KC rapped it to me, but with words about our first two years of marriage... re-reading it has me cracking up!

Anniversary Girl

Yeah...I'd like to wish my wife happy.. annivers'ry
Do you remember, Do you remember?...what we did..those two years??

[Chorus:]
We got on a cruise, went to Canada,
Ate at La Familia
And we moved into a big brand new apartment, new apartment.
I like you and all of your thrift store fashions
And I also think you have great buns
And we've been married two years...for two years.

[Verse 1:]
Alt-j, Celtic Woman, and Bastille
I met you at Baker and it was fo real
You're the best girl that I ever did see,
Instead of pickup lines I used Chemistry
Batman fought a villain by the name of Bane
You like books by Austen comma Jane
When we go to Target they all know our names
When we wait for breakfast I will make up games
Watchin' Gilmore Girls, that is time well spent
In my belly button you can find some lint
You work at preschool and not at day care
Andy Brown sang in the movie Hair
We get cheese sticks from our good friend Rudy
"I see you baby" when you shake that booty
When I met you I said my name was Kyle
And all I wanna do in life is make you smile.

[Chorus:]

[Verse 2:]
Freddy's fries, Five Guys, homemade cookie
Laugh when Snoop Dog raps about "Aw, Sookie"
Always been happy to pop your back
When I clean up, I just make a stack
Love Downton Abbey and then Dawson's Creek
I play Magic but you say I'm not a geek
You come from Perry where the corn cobs grow
Make population jokes 'cause it is so low.
You love Starbucks and TJ Maxx
Steak 'n Shake takes forever when they make our snacks
There was a good man named Lucas Danes
I met you one day and my whole world changed
You love Pinterest and Instagram
Sandia Mountain view from a cable tram
When I met you I said my name was Kyle
And all I wanna do in life is make you smile.

[Chorus:]

[Bridge:]
Man, my wife she's got it going on,
Shake and wiggle to Christina's songs
My wife's the only woman I could ever love,
She's like an angel, came down from above 

[Verse 3]
Watch the Teenage Witch and Game of Thrones
Spend lots of time comparing our two skin tones
Been to a lot of concerts that smelled like pot
I used a bent coat hanger to fix our sink clot
You don't like neon colors or American cheese,
Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, or Duck Dynasty
Sometimes you crave apple juice
You hate Kevin Bacon, and you hate Footloose
Cat by the door I said it before,
I think I'm always lovin' you
And I'm totally sure
When I met you I said my name was Kyle
And all I wanna do in life is make you smile.

[Chorus:]


[Bridge:]
Other people they come other people they go
Some are worth while and some are so so,
Other people they come other people they go
Some are worth while and some are so so,
Man, my wife she's got it going on,
Shake and wiggle to Christina's songs
My wife's the only woman I could ever love,
She's like an angel, came down from above.

[Chorus:]

Well... there you have it bahah I love this fella, and I am so lucky that he is willing to be this silly for me. (and to let  me post it here!) He makes life a blast! :) 

We will be in NOLA for a bit.... but I'm hoping to post some 2015 goals / 2014 goal recap later today and tomorrow. :) 

What are you guys up to tonight?!?

Happy New Year Friends!! :)  

XOXO,

Alexandra

Past Anniversary Posts: 1st Year, 2nd Year.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, New Orleans!! What a great surprise!! And that rap song is too adorable, I love it :) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such cute pictures and what a wonderful surprise!!! Happy New Year!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, how fabulous! i love the way he did the surprise, that is so fabulous! i love my KC but he would never do that hahaha. happy anniversary girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shea, it was a really great surprise - we had a great time. He cracks me up. We had the best time laughing over the funny lyrics... and just him rapping in general.. ;) haha XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melanie! We had such a great time. I still can't believe how well he pulled it off :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kristen! I was so surprised and we had the very best time. :) That's certainly ok. I know it wasn't easy on him at all to plan this, i kept asking about plans and budgets and he had to keep the secret and not get frustrated with me! :) haha I would certainly take a Vol. 2 of this CD though. :) XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO