Thursday, May 5, 2016

Four Months In // 2016 Goal Progress

In order to keep up with my goals for 2016 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2016 goals here

April Goals:

1) Read 5 Books

Close.... I read 3 books in April. I tried really hard to read another, but got stuck on it. So I fell off the wagon. : / What I read: Witches of East End, Entwined, and A Court of Thorns and Roses. Overall, they were good. I liked A Court of Thorns and Roses the best by far. It was very compelling, and made for a great plane read! To find out more about these books, look back at Wednesday's post for my April Reads! :)

2) Try 5 New Recipes



Check! In April we tried six recipes: A Mason Jar Greek Salad, Parchment Paper Potatoes, Chicken Souvlaki, Tzatziki Sauce, Falafel, Tex Mex Squash Bowls, grilled veggie pasta salad, and One Pot Shrimp. I got some of the recipes from cookbooks at home, and a few from Pinterest! My favorites by far were the Mason Jar Salad and the Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Sauce! :)

3) Try 2 New Workout Methods

Nope. BUT my friend Rachel came up with the idea to text/email/google doc keep track of what we were up to in order to stay accountable, and more motivated. I ended up working out a lot more than I would have otherwise!! Plus, we decided to keep going in May, which is great!

4) Start Modern Calligraphy Summit Lessons



Nope.

5) Read (at least) 1 Classic Novel

Nope. I bought two... does that count?! :P

6) Get Rid of RANDOM JUNK! (from piles....)

I did some of this before our trip to San Fransico! I boxed up some items for donation. I did find homes for some other things as well. Little by little... :)

7) Work on Etsy Site!

Nope.

8) Map Out Travel Through August


Everything is not booked/planned out  in detail, but we do have more or less exact dates and locations as to where we are planning to go this summer. Any guesses?! hehe (hint: not California)

9) Watch 2 Disney Movies

Nope. I don't know if this is weird.. but I have a hard time watching cartoons during the evening... and we did not have a lot of free day time. haha Maybe if it was raining I could do it?

10) Learn Something New, or About Something New

I learned how a Brazilian Barbecue works. Yum! Also, update on the vanilla extract: it looks gorgeously brown as vanilla should! I think I will take it out to use in baking soon! :)

11) Send Random Mail to Friends/Family

I didn't think that I did this... BUT I sent Gina a postcard from California... actually from Japan Town which is where we met up. I don't think she was expecting it... as well as our friends Mari & Eric who we stayed with, they didn't expect it either... so I'm going to count that as a success! :)

12) Plan 1 Date with KC

We went to see Romeo + Juliet at the Alamo Draft House in KCMO. Can you believe the movie is 20 years old this year?! I was only 6 when it came out, but LOVED it in high school. Seeing it on the big screen was AMAZING. I don't think KC has seen the whole thing, so that was fun. There's nothing quite like Leo & Claire's ugly crying in this movie. We also went to see a musical. It was not very good. : / At least it was cheap! haha

Completed: 5/12 - Bleh. Not amazing, guys... 

Bottom Line:

We did have a successful trip to San Francisco, and we got to keep quite a few social engagements with friends and family as well. I didn't try new workout methods... but thanks to my friend Rachel, I did stay accountable for doing at least 20 minutes of intentional movement on ALMOST every day in April. Sometimes I did twice per day. Which I think is much better than I would have done without her idea! :) 

I think a few of my goals I have "repeated" too many times... and I keep not finishing them. So maybe I need to put those on hold, and brainstorm new or smaller steps I can do for them! We'll see! :)

May Goals: 

1) Read 5 Books
2) Try 5 New Recipes
3) Get Grad Gifts Ready! (Need ideas? Check here & here!)
4) Try 1 Workout DVD I Haven't Done Before!
5) Draft 5 Etsy listings
6) Get Registered for Conference, Plan out Travel Part!
7) Watch 2 Disney Movies
8) Send Random Mail to Friends/Family
9) Learn Something New, or About Something New
10) Plan 1 Date with KC

What have you guys been up to in April? Did you meet any of your goals? 

What are you hoping to do in May or this Summer?

How do you bounce back when you don't complete your goals?

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You?

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO