Wednesday, May 3, 2017

7 Non Fiction Books I Want to Read // Bookworm

Happy Wednesday friends, I was thinking about post topics for today... and I started thinking about how a lot of us have goals to expand our reading horizons. I know that purposefully approaching under-loved genres has helped me grow a lot as a reader, and I know that a lot of you have been expressing a desire to do the same. A very common one I see, is that we want to read more non-fiction. So I thought, why not share a list of some non-fiction titles I've been wanting to read?!

Here we go, these are some that I already own:


Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between by Lauren Graham

This book is filled with essays and personal stories from Lauren Graham, as the title implies "from Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between".

I love Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham, I read her fiction debut last February, and I really enjoyed her hilarious writing style. I can't wait to pick this up and read about the actress's life. Of course, the Gilmore stuff will be great, but really all of it will be a blast.

The Highly Sensitive Person: How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You by Elaine N. Aron

The book explores the idea of being a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP), how to know if you fall into that category, how to manage that sensitivity, and "to create a fuller, richer life."

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you  know that I am dealing with and managing my new(ish) anxiety. At first glance, I don't feel that I fall into all of the categories to be deemed an HSP, but I do identify with others. I've heard that this book is a great resource, so I want to investigate it more fully!

The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well by Meik Wiking

Written by the CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen, this book explores hygge, and why it makes Denmark the happiest country in the world. Practical ideas, tips and tricks fill this beautiful book.

This has been on my TBR for a while, I picked it up in February and I cannot wait to read it. I like the idea of incorporating more hygge into our daily lives. In fact, I made it a goal for 2017!

The Yellow Envelope: One Gift, Three Rules, and a Life-Changing Journey Around the World by Kim Dinan

A true story about Kim and her husband who decide to quit their jobs and travel around the world. Before they leave, they are given an envelope of money and told to distribute it and share their experiences along the way. This book follows Kim and her husband's adventures in travel and in giving.

This book sounds very inspiring. I love travel memoirs, and I love books about giving. I think that this one will be a good blend of both and inspiring to read.

21 Life Changing Rituals: Daily Practices to Bring Greater Inner Peace and Happiness by Theresa Cheung

This book analyzes personal rituals and habits, and how they shape our lives. This book is broken down into 7 morning, 7 afternoon, and 7 evening rituals that are designed to help the reader impact positive changes in their lives.

I am fascinated by the idea of habit, rituals, and motivation. I think that reading this book will be really interesting to continue developing systems and rituals that work for me.

Your Life In Color: Empowering Your Soul with the Energy of Color by Dougall Fraser

This new age life guide is written by a renowned psychic and life coach, and explains the qualities and uses for each color, and how to draw on them in your daily life.

This book on "colorology" - is that a thing? sounds very interesting to me! I've always loved the idea that different colors symbolize different traits, moods, etc. I think that reading about it in more detail will be really interesting, and fun to try. :)

The Romanov Sisters: The Lost Lives of the Daughters of Nicholas and Alexandra by Helen Rappaport

This book revisits the lives of Nicholas and Alexandra's daughters Olga, Tatiana, Maria, and Anastasia Romanov. With entries from their diaries and letters, this book explores their perception of the turbulent time in Russian (and world) history.

I think that Anastasia (the 1997 animated movie) has given me a disposition to love everything related to the real people behind the story, and many other things Russian. This book grabbed me immediately because it focuses just on the daughters, I feel like there are a lot of books about Nicholas and Alexandra, but this seemed like a fresh take. I scored this on kindle daily deals, and I cannot wait to read it!

What non-fiction books are you hoping to read soon?

Do you want to see more of these posts?

Are there other under-loved genres that you'd like suggestions for? 

Let me know in the comments! 

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO