Thursday, September 1, 2016

Eight Months In // 2016 Goal Progess

In order to keep up with my goals for 2016 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2016 goals here

August Goals: 


1) Read 5 Books - ideally 2 from Netgalley and 1 classic


So far * I don't know why my posts keep putting the first two words of a paragraph together... does anyone know?!* I have read two books in August and one was a classic! Woohoo! I reviewed the classic, Gentleman Prefer Blondes, here. I FINALLY finished Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson! Hooray! Review coming super soon! I feel like a LAME-O for not reading much in August... but I have already read more in the past few weeks than in the past few months... so very excited to move on to some fiction as fall rolls in. I am working on Erin's 5.0 challenge... so we'll see. haha 

2) Try 5 New Recipes

Check! DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches... does that count? - yes. Then a new cake, which is a cake recipe, a syrup recipe, and a frosting recipe - woot! Then I also made two new dinners! Look out folks! We had a sweet and spicy pork loin - with a new mashed potato recipe. (no shame) which was AMAZING. Then we tried a skinny taste skillet hash, which was really nice too! 

3) Try Zumba DVD

boo... 

4) Watch 2 Disney Movies

booo... not this time around. We absolutely devoted time to watching part of the Twilight series though. So, you know, priorities. #sorrynotsorry

5) Pick Two Specific Ways to Save More Money and Try Them Out!

Getting there, this pretty much counts: Get rid of cable! (starting in Jan?). Book ban (details coming soon...). Get groceries elsewhere?! I have a whole list...

6) Try a Really Interesting Restaurant or Cuisine in Vegas!


Check! We got to try Shack Shack! Rejoice. We also went to a really great BBQ place, a breakfast place (NOM!), a cafe, and a great Asian place called Chin Chin. So, I guess we didn't try a new cuisine... but I really liked the places we went to, and their unique items that we tried. It was a very fun foodie experience!

7) Make Dental Appointment... 

BOO!!!

8) Read Some Non-Fiction I Own - Start - to - Finish!



Check! I FINALLY finished Pretty Happy, and am over half way done with Fork in the Road (food + travel essays). Yay! :) 

9) Finish Working out Details of "Book Ban 2016" - more on this later.


Very close! I basically just need to finish counting the books that I own! :) This little picture is something I doodled in a letter I wrote to my grandma. haha. That's me with all my books. (or an under-representation of all my books).

10) Try One New Dessert Recipe.


Check! Do you count DIY Ice Cream Sandwiches? ... I don't... But that whole cake definitely counts! :) 

Overall Total: 5/10

Overall August was a VERY busy month. My mom and sister were in town, work was crazy, we visited Vegas with KC's family, and we were having lots of problems with Duchess wanting to pee on the floor. We made it through, and I feel super good about getting half way done with my goals all things considered. :) 

I am looking forward to September & beyond, because we have significantly less planned... well at least until February... WHEN MY SISTER IS GOING TO HAVE A BABY!! & May... WHEN ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS IS GETTING MARRIED!! & July.... WHEN MY SIL IS GETTING MARRIED!! - So much excitement coming in 2017! :) 

September Goals: *oh Lord! September already?!*

1) Read 5 Books - ideally 2 from Netgalley and 1 classic
2) Try 5 New Recipes - try for lots of DINNER recipes (not three cake ones... :P) 
3) Try three dance DVD workouts
4) Watch 3 Disney Movies
5) Start a non-paper crafty project ( #stationeryobsessed )
6) Plan fun fall/winter date night ideas, party ideas, etc.
7) Make Dental Appointment... 
8) Clean out baking cupboard, pare down record collection, make donations that I have been putting off.
9) Make an apple pie
10) Come up with two fun surprise pieces of mail. :) 

Bonus: 

11) Brainstorm ideas related to upcoming weddings and baby arrival! :) 
     -showers, gifts, etc. etc.

What have you guys been up to in August? Did you meet any of your goals? 

What are you hoping to do this Fall? - I cannot believe it's almost here, yet cannot wait for fall! :)

Are there any goals that you are really slacking on so far in 2016? Read my half-way point goal check-in.

Anyone else doing a 101 in 1,001 list? Check out my 2 year progress HERE.

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You?

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO